Our consulting team delivers exceptional technology, advisory, and support services to a variety of professional service organizations. We have deep industry expertise to support government contractors, not-for-profit organizations, and various other small to mid-sized businesses. Consultants in our practice work on a variety of engagements, from accounting department diagnostics, industry best practice and policy and procedure consulting to accounting system selection, configuration, implementation, and migration. Our services support business critical functions of Finance, Accounting, Forecasting, and Analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding of financial statements and various management reports
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic internal controls and best practices to accounting and finance functions
- Understanding of basic functionality of multi-dimensional general ledger software packages and ability to navigate within the system
- Communication with clients and the internal team in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrated analytical thought process and ability to communicate thoughts in logical patterns
- Responsible for supervising staff consultants
- Delivery of all assignments by the deadline, at the quality standards specified
- Adherence to project management system protocol and utilizes Cordia tools and templates effectively for engagement consistency
- Engages with Cordia project managers and team members to quickly identify and resolve issues that arise during the engagement
- Maintains strict adherence to client confidentiality and professional ethics
- Provides internal and external training related to processes and various systems
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting and Information Systems preferred or related experience
- 2-5 years of accounting experience working with various ERP systems
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, adheres to deadlines, responsive to client and management requirements
- Extremely detail orientated with strong analytical skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to exceed client expectations by delivering quality results on time and on budget
- Demonstrated ability to manage work on multiple engagements with competing schedules and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate and communicate with other team members to achieve successful results
- Exhibits positive attitude and is calm under pressure
Optional Desired Skills:
- CPA license preferred
- Unanet Accounting System
- Intacct Accounting System
- QuickBooks Accounting System
- Deltek Costpoint Accounting System
- Project Accounting experience
- Experience with Concur or similar bill payment system
Cordia is committed to maintaining a strong culture of values. We are proud of our CARES core values, which our entire staff has embraced:
Community – We care about the community by supporting organizations that align with our values through outreach, volunteerism, and employee engagement.
Advancement – We are dedicated to personal and professional advancement and development.
Respect – We promote trust, collaboration, humility, and respect throughout our organization.
Ethics & Integrity – We are committed to following the highest professional standards of integrity and ethical conduct in all of our activities, with honesty, and accountability, in the best interest of our firm and clients.
Service – We listen to our clients to ensure we understand their goals and deliver solutions, on time and on budget, that provide current and future value.