Cordia Partners provides a tailored approach to serving our clients with bottom line results. This position is critical in supporting our diverse client base with all facets of operational accounting (GL, AP, AR, payroll and reconciliations), to include assisting in the preparation of the monthly financial package (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement, etc.). On an annual basis, responsibilities include 1099 preparation, assisting with year-end financial statements, annual 990 support, and annual audit support. Given the nature of our company, this position will also be actively engaged in the ongoing transition of platforms and products needed to support the growth of our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares day-to-day and month-end close entries including revenue, payroll, prepaid expenses, unbilled accounts receivable, and accrued liabilities.
- Prepares complex reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts, various other general ledger accounts, and budget to actual variance analysis.
- Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the accounting operations within each assigned client. Obtains a working knowledge of the client’s accounting software packages. Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies, and procedures established by the client.
- Assists external auditors and tax accountants at year- end with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
- Assists in preparation of the client’s year-end 1099 submissions.
- Recommends, designs, and implements any necessary department controls and procedures.
- Interacts with client as needed.
- Supervisory responsibilities include:
- Reviews and supervises staff accountant’s monthly work, including but not limited to, journal entries, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Coaches and mentors Staff Accountants through project management
- Disburses client requests to team members to manage deadlines
- Assists with annual budget preparation and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
- Utmost discretion, strong ethics
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the accounting field
- Strong understanding of Accounting Principles, knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced understanding of general and subsidiary ledgers and financial statements
- Understanding of key not-for-profit concepts, such as Net Assets, Functional Expenses, SEFA reporting, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail orientated with strong analytical skills
- Good time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple initiatives and client requirements
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
Optional Desired Skills:
- CPA license preferred
- Intacct Accounting System
- QuickBooks Accounting System
- Project Accounting experience
- Experience with Positive Pay
- Experience processing and reviewing payroll
- Experience with Bill.com or similar system
- Supervisory experience
- Experience as an auditor
Cordia is committed to maintaining a strong culture of values. We are proud of our CARES core values, which our entire staff has embraced:
Community – We care about the community by supporting organizations that align with our values through outreach, volunteerism, and employee engagement.
Advancement – We are dedicated to personal and professional advancement and development.
Respect – We promote trust, collaboration, humility, and respect throughout our organization.
Ethics & Integrity – We are committed to following the highest professional standards of integrity and ethical conduct in all of our activities, with honesty, and accountability, in the best interest of our firm and clients.
Service – We listen to our clients to ensure we understand their goals and deliver solutions, on time and on budget, that provide current and future value.